I’ve been mulling over the question – what have we learnt? – a lot in the last week or so.
Mainly in response to COVID and viewed on both a macro societal level and a micro personal level.
I’ll talk about this a lot to Jenny – with views on what appears to have / have not been learnt and she then asked me the question.
I thought about this and came up with the following ideas:
- The choices I’ve made over the last 3 years have stood me in good stead, led me to be resilient and happy.
- Not worrying about what I don’t have / can’t do as opposed to really engaging in what I can do, has been wonderful.
- I am healthy, happy and strong.
- The time working differently has really helped me gather my thoughts, focus on developing a breathwork practice / teaching role that I can go into
- Nourishing what makes me calm has been a godsend. There were several occasions over the last year when I considered what I would have been like if a) drinking, b) engaging with the news and c) on social media. All 3 together would have been awful for me. Nourishing that side of my character not something that I miss and for me something I am so pleased to be away from.